Thursday, 2 July 2015

Walking in Washington

Hey hey 

So Yooga and I decided to start our adventures in DC by getting an idea of where everything is. So to do that, we did a lot of walking. 


We started with the Lincon Memorial and headed off to the Martin Luther king Jr memorial via that of the Korean War memorial and then made our way to the Franklin D Rosevelt memorial, George Moore memorial and then finally the Thomas Jefferson memorial. 

It was a crazy day and we saw heaps within one afternoon. What I find most remarkable is the size of these structures. (And the fact that they exist in real life and off screen). 
The size of the Lincon statue or the expanse of the Rosevelt memorial or the hight of the Jefferson memorial and the amount of steps at everything. To me it's  astounding that such large things can be dedicated to just one person. I'm not sure if that's my experience of history or my perspective on priorities of sorts, but also the patriotism is still taking a while to comprehend. 

Even though it is overwhelming the sheer expanse of things here in DC, I'm already enjoying seeing such iconic things here. 











Washington DC. 
Justine

No comments:

Post a Comment