Sunday, 7 June 2015

Arriving in the USA

Hey hey. 

So as I type this (obviously with no internet so I'll post later) I've already been on a plane for around 9 1/2 hours I think. Canberra time would be 7:30pm, LA time is 2:30am and by brain has no clue but is sitting somewhere in the middle... I think. 3 1/2 more hours to on this plane before my transfer to Minneapolis. 
It's been a pretty good flight, I've slept a fair bit, watched a few movies and there's been no one in the seat next to me so I've been able to get a little more comfortable. There's been more food than I expected which is good. 
Everything is still pretty surreal at the moment. First time travelling by myself and it hasn't quite hit me that my family isn't at the other end of the flight. 
On the screens tracking our flight, land is now actually in the corner so we're not just surrounded by ocean heading towards only ocean. 

LAX was better than expected. Customs was quick, all went well. Biggest issue at stop over 1, took me a long time to open the SIM card slot in my phone. But after that, and managing to contact parents saying all was well, had a few hours on uncomfortable airport gate seats, but I'm on the flight to Minneapolis. Mainly been reading Song of Ice and Fire. Played Bejewelled on the other flight but the touch screen on this one is terrible. So I gave up. 1 1/2 left and I think I'll nap. 

Minneapolis!!! Here! It's really started. 3 years and I finally got to see the wonderful Naomi :D 
Met a few of her friends, walked a fair bit and hand some repeated discussions about the differences in language that confuse us both a little. All in all, absolutely fabulous to be here. 

No photos today sorry. 

Somewhere over the Pacific Ocean
In the air over USA

Minneapolis
Justine

1 comment:

  1. Glad you got there without too much drama. Good luck with jetlag!

    ReplyDelete