So Thursday was a day for seeing some of the art side of Minneapolis.
We went to the Walker art gallery which was really nice to see. I didn't take any photos inside but there was one piece I found really interesting which was dog tags hanging off a section of fence creating a map of Afghanistan. With it was a list of names of people who had served.
We had lunch at the Cafe before having a really quick look at the sculpture garden. Where Naomi showed me Minneapolis' spoon bridge piece.
As it was raining we decided to go home and hang there until the music concert in the evening.
As my first music concert, I wasn't sure what to expect. It was two folk musicians, Lucy Kaplansky and Richard Shindell. I really enjoyed the night and the music was awesome. It was interesting that Naomi, her friend Medha and I definitely sat below the age demographic. But the evening was still heaps of fun.
Minneapolis.
Justine




No comments:
Post a Comment