So we've now been in NYC for 6 days. I'm loving every minute of it (except those minutes devoted to dealing with my foot) but more on that later.
Wednesday was Katherine's last day here, so we spent the lunch time in Central Park having a picnic. Katherine and I were still astounded by the existence of squirrels on mass and took every opportunity to take photos.
We then spent the early part of the afternoon walking up 5th Avenue. We saw Tiffany & Co, an awesome glass box entry to the Apple store (not pictured), an awesomely large Lego store and a building with a lot of American flags. Before long, Katherine had to leave to make her way back to Australia.
I had the evening to myself so I used the opportunity to see Avenue Q. The show was Off Broadway, but multiple members of the cast had starred in the show while it was on Broadway. I was absolutely blown away by the sheer talent of the actors as a number of them voiced numerous characters. One guy voiced at least 4 different puppets with amazing differences. Talent.
Thursday night we went to The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time. Even 5 minutes into the show we could tell why it won the Tony for best play. The actors were awesome, the use of space was spectacular and the set and technology of the show was absolutely mind blowing. Naomi and I walked out agreeing that the show reminded us that theatre wasn't just entertainment, it was art.
We finished the night with another trip to the Stardust Diner where we managed to get seats in the center of the room so the staff were singing right around us.
All in all Thursday evening has been a massive highlight to my trip so far.
Friday was spent at the Met and in more of Central Park. This time, Bilbo managed to score a few good views as well.
The Met was huge. There was no way we were expecting to see everything, so we prioritised a few of the different galleries including medieval art, musical instruments, arm and armour, ancient Egypt and some Chinese outfits. (for further photos and information on a few things we saw, message me your email and I'll send out a bunch of photos)
We walked a lot through Central Park, managing to see a fair bit more than previous visits, but there is still so much more of it to see. There is such a difference in feel when walking in the Park as apposed to the rest of NYC, everything is incredibly green and beautiful. It's like another place all together.
In the evening, we got last minute cheap tickets to the Polish National Ballet. We ended up in the first row which meant we couldn't see their feet but the experience was overwhelming. I'm so glad that we took the opportunity to see something different and we definitely weren't disappointed with the experience.
NYC.
Justine











No comments:
Post a Comment