Sunday! The search for more people to catch up with continues as I managed to score some time with another fellow Aussie, Bethany Neville.
Bethany showed us around morningside heights and Columbia. We had lunch at Chipotle and just had a really good time catching up.
After the day, Naomi and I headed off to The Book of Mormon. And wow. The theatrics are incredible. Acting was astounding and the show was hilarious in so many cringeworthy brilliant points.
Then again I stayed at the stage door to meet the cast including 'Elder Cunningham' who was fantastic. The entire thing made such an excellent end to my first week in NYC.
Monday, we went to Brooklyn. Making a stop at the pie shop that has inspired Dad's wonderful pie cooking escapades. Unfortunately though from the variety of pies I've tried in NYC. The little pie shop on the block I've been staying on definitely wins. After pie though, we walked through Prospect Park and then used trusty Starbucks WiFi.
In the evening we had dinner with Andy and Fe, more wonderful Australians. The evening was fantastic. We went out for dinner and it was incredibly eventful. A building under construction on the opposite corner from where we were sitting outside had the second floor collapse. As I was facing the other way, all I heard was creaking the then a crash. We turned to see dust everywhere followed by the emergency services follow up. Very interesting to see the evening unfold as we all sat there and ate fried chicken. I had such a good night with Andy and Fe and hope to catch up with them again while I'm here.
Today! We finally made it to MoMA. The whole place was really interesting to see. The exhibition on Yoko Ono was fascinating and exceptionally different to things I've seen before. And then I saw Van Gough Starry Night. Wow. I've always loved the peice and so seeing it was really really cool.
Naomi goes home tomorrow. It's literally been a wish come true to see this lovely girl in person again. She's going to do amazing things and I can't wait to keep in touch as she heads off on her next step. All the best for college and beyond lovely.
Rushing out of Starbucks as they close. Thank you places with free WiFi.
NYC.
Justine











No comments:
Post a Comment