So this morning we rode to Lake of Isles and back and I must admit it was probably the longest rise I've done resulting in about what Naomi estimates as a 19.5km ride. But definitely worth it as it gave me the opportunity to see the twin cities front the Greenway (bike highway). Incredibly brilliant idea and a pretty easy ride. Plus I had an awesome time being able to just catch up with Naomi and talk about a whole range of subjects.
In the afternoon Naomi had work so I used the time to make my way to the Mall of America, thus beginning the journey of Bilbo the Butterfly.
So the mall has had a massive build up of reputation in the lead up to my trip. It once being the largest mall in the Northern Hemisphere (I don't think it still holds that title). But it sure was massive. I needed new shoes to ensure my feet don't die in the next two months, but it makes it more difficult to find some when there's 400 shops and of those, 30 different shoe stores that all have a very large range.
The center of the mall is called Nickelodeon Universe which has at least 3 different rides. Like a roller-coaster and a log ride.
Plus there's a Lego store
So after a few hours I'm pretty sure I managed to walk past every shop. But there's every possibility I missed a few when the map looks like this.
P.S they changed the name of the theme-park-like area.
Oh I'm now a master of the twin cities metro light rail system. Yay!
Quiet night tonight, feeling a bit sore after today.
Minneapolis.
Justine








No comments:
Post a Comment