Wednesday, 17 June 2015

New York City

Hey hey

I made it to NYC!!! 
I'm here. It's incredible. It's exciting. 

Posts will be less common in the coming weeks as my search for WiFi becomes a little more difficult. But I'll do what I can. 

We flew in Monday evening after multiple delays to our flight. But we made it and arrived to a really lovely apartment of Naomi's uncle. When the weather permits, we're able to see the Statue of Liberty. A little bit. 


Our first night here we went to the stardust diner (home of the singing wait staff) for dessert. The night was heaps of fun and we got to spend it with Katherine. 


Tuesday started my first full day in NYC. The three of us spent the day time in the Museum of Natural History and then walked through part of Central Park. I felt like I was walking into movies and TV shows the entire day. New York really is what I was expecting and it's just amazing. 







Broadway. I made it. We went and saw Hedwig and the Angry Inch (starring Darren Criss) and wow. Walking through Times Square to the theatre was so exciting. The show was amazing. Tiny cast, Darren, lead female (Rebecca) and the four members of the band. But it was spectacular. 


After the show Katherine and I went to the stage door (where we were at the front of the barricades). We waited for a fair while, but we got Rebecca's signature and a photo and then finally Darren came and we got his signature and had a really short conversation with him. He wasn't doing pictures with people along the line but the whole experience wad amazing. 


Wow. NYC. And I'm here for ages. I'm so excited and I'm already thrilled at the chance for more things to do. 

NYC. Finally. 
Justine 

No comments:

Post a Comment